Leadership for Your Future

Week 5 Post Missional Map Making - Personal Change

by Deleted user -

I think one big change I need to make is to try to understand where people come from who were raised in the church. I tend to immediately dismiss them and assume that they will be judgmental and will not be open to receive new ideas and new people. I have a hard time relating to those who have been raised in the church with a loving God and a loving family, these type of Christians appear to me to think they have all the answers and want to quickly fix whatever is broken but they do not want to take the time to actually listen to the story and invest in the life of a broken person. I need to learn to patiently help them hear the pain and walk beside the person who wants to tell their story. I have very little patience to allow for growth on either side of the ministry. I am learning to listen to both stories the stries of the broken and the stories of the Christians who are also broken in their own way. I am learning to understand that all of God's children are broken in one way or another and we all need God to heal us and make us into a new creation. 

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Week 5 Post Missional Map Making - Personal Change

by Deleted user -

I am reading that you have identified your ability to listen a one of the growing edges you feel you need to work on. I feel like you have identified your personal difficulties with people who have grown up Christian, and you are aware of how your preconceptions could effect your ministry. I also feel like you have identified thay your growth as a inister is calling to to get outside your comfort zone.

In reply to Deleted user

by Michael Byrd -

One change that that you are seeking is to know where people come from who were brought up in the church. You wish to be less judgmental and be more receptive to new ideas. You want to be able to walk beside those how will take the time to listen and invest in there time in the life of a broken person. You are looking to be a more patient person to help and assist others with their pain and journey through life's trials and tribulations. This will all be done through God who will heal us and make us new, for we are are broken in one way or another.