Observing a Meeting post

Mesias_Observing a Meeting

Mesias_Observing a Meeting

by Celso Mesias -
Number of replies: 0

What do I now know I need to learn about leading meetings in order to lead meeting effectively and well?

To be responsible and organized is the first thing. So, is very important how to prepare to lead effectively and well. Good will or enthusiasm is not enough if we are seeking  great results. I observed in this meeting the important skills of the District Leader, with Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, and Relationship Management before, during, and after the meeting, and how he led the meeting as a seasoned executive.

What I observed was the confirmation that I found, and it was very illustrative to me the book Running Meetings : 20 Minute Manager Series, that I want to remark the guides of the meeting preparation checklist with all the components, and then by the section of the Leading Your Meeting to be ready to lead effectively. 

For example:

. Beginning the meeting on time. We have to respect the people who  arrived early and on time. This meeting started ten minutes late.

. Keeping the meeting moving. Timing is crucial. We have to deal wisely to don't extend unnecessarily the participations, and keep going according to the agenda.

. Make sure all the positions or different voices are heard, even they are in disagreement.

Observing the meeting was a great learning experience, that I didn't take before in that level of importance and dimension.