Observing a Meeting post

McGeorge_Week 9

McGeorge_Week 9

by Betsy McGeorge -
Number of replies: 0

Through this exercise, I have learned the importance of an agenda and how it helps to move the meeting along in a productive manner. What I need to learn is how to effectively create an agenda and to get it out to the meeting attendees in a timely manner so that they have ample time to prepare for the meeting and any part they play in that meeting. I believe this helps keep the flow of communication going and allows questions to be formed ahead of time to be incorporated in a timely manner.

Another skill I definitely need to learn is how to get a conversation back on track that seems to have gotten off the rails. While I believe that having a set agenda in place is a good start, it takes constant monitoring of the individuals involved and their participation in the conversation. Figuring out how to draw an individual out while keeping others from dominating the meeting is a fine line to walk. I believe I have a good sense of reading a room, but am not yet skilled at maintaining some level of control over that room.