Observing a Meeting post

"Observing A Meeting" Week 9

"Observing A Meeting" Week 9

by Michael Byrd -
Number of replies: 0

"What do I now know I need to learn about leading meetings in order to lead meeting effectively and well?"

I know that leading meetings requires a lot of preparation prior to having one. Understanding that communicating with the people prior to the meeting and having a well defined agenda is very important. Being organized and focused sets the tone for being professional before your team. Knowing your team members and their skill set also adds to the specific tasks that need to be implemented to complete the task at hand. Also being an effective leader leading meetings is allowing your team to be heard, their input may be what is needed to take the meeting to a higher level. Allowing time before the meeting to meet and greet is a great time to break the ice with everyone. Also having a follow-up to what was passed to the team with a time of questions and answers as well. One last thing is allowing everyone a voice and encourage one another the engage in discussion so no one is left out. Keeping to a specific time is also important to stay on point and being respectful to all that attend.