Discussion for Week 8

shuba-week 8

shuba-week 8

by Elizabeth Shuba -
Number of replies: 3

Epperly's Transforming Power of Gratitude spoke to the center of my leadership.  Actually, every conjugation of the word  is a guiding principle of my life.  Nothing defuses a tense situation like telling someone that despite this bump you are going through together you are grateful for them and committed to getting through it together.  Taking a pause for gratitude can lift one up when we are stymied.  Gratitude is tied to grace in my mind.  God is grateful for us.  If we walk that same line, it may help open people's hearts and minds as we walk together through difficult times.  If we keep in the front of our minds the intention toward gratitude, we will be less likely to take people for granted.  Surely it does well for all leaders to remind themselves that they don’t walk alone and they certainly didn’t get here without the love and support of others.  Giving space for that appreciation on a regular basis emanates from your being. People are willing to work harder for and be more trusting of a leader who they know is grateful for them.

In reply to Elizabeth Shuba

Re: shuba-week 8

by Deleted user -

I also wrote on the transforming power of gratitude. To me it connect with emotional intellegence, in that it is a measure of self awareness. I think to practice gratitude you must be accutely aware of the contributions which other people make to your life. 

by Charlotte Johnson -

As a leader in the workplace I find that I cannot express my gratitude enough to the staff.  I don't believe they will ever tire of hearing great job and how I appreciate their commitment to doing what they do day in and day out, and that without their commitment I cannot do what I do and I will do anything I can to make their day easier.  Sincere gratitude goes a long way.

by Deleted user -

I didn't write about the gratitude paper but I did enjoy reading it. Furthermore, it does in my opinion lend itself to the content of the video, in that when we are intentional about expressing gratitude it creates a positive thought, energy and vibration. In addition what I've learned about often expressing gratitude causes intentions to manifest more quickly. Essentially giving thanks for what you have but also giving thanks for what you've yet to obtain will bring those unseen things into fruition. I don't see it as any different than focusing on a positive feeling with respect to bio-hacking one's own attitude.