Post: Week 1

Collins_week 1

Collins_week 1

by Calvin Collins -

Heibert has the idea "that nature matters and that it can help humans discover past theophanies and recognizing modern ones. (Divine Presence 130)." Heibert would have mentioned "one element of the ancient thunderstorm paradigm by equating the breath of God's creatures with God's own breath and the dependence of all life on the divine. (Divine Presence 130). These realizations can relate to the view Heibert would have taken. They would have likely supported the idea of a creation story and would have tried to justify that. I think of the different creation stories in Genesis the one over the course of seven days would have a strong appeal to Heibert because of the understanding of God breathing life into God's creation.I think that Heibert has supported this claim of nature mattering by justifying the presence of God in nature. 

In reply to Calvin Collins

Re: Collins_week 1

by Julia O'Brien -

Calvin, I got a little lost in your discussion. What page numbers are you referring to?

Can you be more explicit about where he talks about the different creation stories and how he uses their differences to talk about the Christian response to the environmental crisis?

By the way, God breathes life in the J creation story, while in the P story creation takes 7 days.

I'll ask you to spend some more time on this post.