What have you learned?

Kearse: Quotes

Kearse: Quotes

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2

Rest In The Storm is probably the book I enjoyed the most because it is the one I needed to glean from the most. When we first started reading the book I was beginning to work on my judgement of things or absence of judgement of things. what I mean is that instead of judging things as good or bad I would simply acknowledge that things or occurrences are. So instead of saying a thing is good or bad I simply say that it is. The relevance is that when I would judge a thing it would bring with it a level of frustration that is difficult to overcome. The work to eliminate the judgement in essence decreases the level of frustration and helps to maintain a level of peace and rest that is almost incomprehensible. It begins with simply remaining conscious of things around me and deciding to remain detached emotionally from them. This has helped me to rest in the storm. 

The two most notable quotes were chosen because they are ideas that I can focus on in meditation.

Pg 51. "Jesus never rushed about seeking to accomplish one need after another." 

my meditation: do not rush to meet one need after another. do what you can when you can and do no more.

and

Pg 67 he writes that "Each day deserves the best you can offer it because it has never seen you play." 

my meditation: Today deserves my best. I will give today my best.

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Kearse: Quotes

by Deleted user -

I also am trying to work on suspending judgement and trying to accept things as they are. I agree with you on the second quote. Play is an important part of life which many adults ignore. 

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Kearse: Quotes

by Coralis Weston -

I like the idea of meditating using the quotes from the book.  I took a different approach to your second quote, to me it is telling me that no matter what happened yesterday Today is a new day it never seen me failed or try it is a blank new canvas.