Observing a Meeting post

Weston_week 9

Weston_week 9

by Coralis Weston -

After observing this meeting I went back and review some topics in the “Running Meetings” book. The meeting I attended was much unorganized. I have learned the important of preparing for a meeting and team work.  I have learned that an agenda is very important and that the things I used to consider small are really a big deal. I say this because the fact that not everybody had a handout was disturbing as it consumed some time for people to offer their handouts to others creating a mood that was rather confusing. In addition the handout had very small font this creating disturbance again because people started commenting on the fact that they couldn’t read the document. As the meeting continued some people started joking around as a way to divert the fact that some items were unexplainable wrong.  I went as far as offering my feedback to the Program Director as far as what I have learned and how I suggest future meetings to be conducted. Preparation is the key for me. I believe that if the chair would’ve been prepared the mood of the meeting and the experience to those attending would’ve been different. Unprofessionalism was the first word that came to min 15 minutes into the meeting.