Leadership for Your Future

J. Michael

J. Michael

by Joseph Michael -
Number of replies: 1

The biggest change in me has to do with the concept of relationship management in the emotional intelligence book.  As an ENFP, I have a knack for understanding people, intuiting their needs, and discerning social situations and contexts.  I’m very good at feeling with other people.  As a “P” type though I’m quite content to let interactions unfold and I realize managing and directing interactions is something I could pay more attention to.  At the heart of this, I believe I need to take more space to consider and discern where to take an interaction.  I'm quite content to improvise in social situations and leave things open but there are probably times when I would do better at defining things more precisely and leading with more clarity.  This would require me to take more space and more clearly set boundaries.  There is a tension here though because my need to make room for my self includes my need for space to draft and brainstorm.  My openness and ability to live with uncertainty is both an asset and liability at times.  Learning to manage this more effectively would improve my leadership abilities. 

In reply to Joseph Michael

Re: J. Michael

by Coralis Weston -

I hear you saying that you have to improve in being attentive to your interactions with others and the place in which this interactions are more appropriate. I also hear that you want to improve the way you provide directions. Boundaries are good and I hear that you want to make sure your boundaries lines are clear.