Leadership for Your Future

Weston Week 5

Weston Week 5

by Coralis Weston -

To be a better leader I need to change my expectation of people and be realistic. To explain this I would say that I have this conception that people should be as dedicated as I am, as professional as I am and as realistic as I am. This is a very bad thing that I cannot bring in my leadership going forward. My delivery of such expectations at times can be a very bad move. I think by changing this I can meet people where they are and then help them to work together towards a goal.

The second thing I believe has to change is my desire to be perfect and don’t make mistakes. I believe by changing this in me I will be less anxious and more open to other ways of accomplish a task.

In reply to Coralis Weston

Re: Weston Week 5

by Deleted user -

Cori,

It appears that you are well aware of your weakness that needs work as you enter into ministry. Jesus always met people where they were at. For instance the Women at the well, Jesus was very patient and loving with her. I always try to remind myself that every person has a story and I have not walked even a millimeter in their shoes. 

In reply to Coralis Weston

Re: Weston Week 5

by Michael Byrd -

Corey, you are looking to be a better leader by changing your expectations and being real. You have expectations of others to be as dedicated, professional, and realistic as you are. You struggle bringing your leadership to the surface and you feel as though your expectations of your delivery at times can be a bad move. You seek to change this and begin meeting people where they are and work together for the common good of the agreed upon goal. You also desire to be human and understand that we are not perfect and by making this change you will be less anxious and more open to  multiple ways to accomplish the task at hand.

In reply to Coralis Weston

Re: Weston Week 5

by Celso Mesias -

Corey, you want to be a better leade, rbut people sometimes don't respond your expectations, and that dissapoint you, thinking that everyone is like you, and that bother you. You want tochange and  be realistic.

Also, you don't like to make mistakes and everything you do must be perfect, is something that definitely must want to change.