Observing a Meeting post

Eustis - Observing a Meeting

Eustis - Observing a Meeting

by Beth Eustis -
Number of replies: 0

I know now that in an effort to lead meetings, I need to keep a cool head. Not that I am prone to outbursts at my own meetings, but I have seen a good example of what happens when you stay calm. I also need to learn how to keep things moving. I find it difficult sometimes to stop someone who is talking for too long, or getting off point, and getting the meeting back to order. I find it uncomfortable to ask that person gently if we can move forward, although I am making progress in this area.

I would also need to learn the protocol for leading a Council this way, and learn about Robert's Rules, which we use. I would also need to read our constitution and know it thoroughly and be very on top of what all of the procedures are for running the church. I would want to talk to the Treasurer and ask him to go over the finances with me, especially at first, and answer any questions I have. I don't know much about finances. I would also need to know about each committee and what they do and be in touch with the Chairs of the committees when there is a need to discuss issues.